Wednesday, May 6, 2020

What's Next?

It's now been two months since my obsession with protecting the lives of vulnerable older adults began to consume my daily life.  Nothing has been the same for those two months.  Every day I wake up thinking about how to protect the frail older adults that I've spent the last thirty two years of my life trying to serve.  Every night I go to sleep thinking about this topic.  I've never been consumed with something so much during my life.  Even my focus on preparing for the Ironman World Championship pales in comparison to this.  The challenging part of this is that I've truly had trouble thinking about anything else.  This has hit the workaholic in me in a way like nothing I've ever encountered.  It's time to start moving on.  I've done my part, an it's time to start moving on to the next phase of my life.

I've got plenty to do.  I want to keep educating others.  In fact, the opportunity to teach others about geriatrics and what we're all about is presently enhanced in ways it never has been.  I need to look at this as an opportunity that can't be ignored.  I still have a textbook to edit.  I even have a new chapter to deal with.  It's hard to let go but it's necessary.  It's also time.  Time to move on to what's next.

No comments: