Thursday, May 14, 2020

Streaking

I've run for two days in a row.  Not that I'm keeping track, or that I'm going to keep track (though I might). I wonder if a daily run is what I need?  There are a multitude of reasons.  After all, I am OCD. A daily run streak might be a healthy way to feed that obsession (going along with my daily meditation streak).  I need to get back the health benefits of running and working out.

I did get in a run this morning.  I then walked for an additional hour or more while on calls.  I then spent the entire day in meetings, webinars, and calls.  Twelve hours of non-stop work today, and I'm tired.  But, at least I ran for two days in a row.  Not sure whether I'll run again in the morning tomorrow. Maybe I will.  Maybe the day will take on a life of its own.

I continue to struggle with balancing the things that seem to come my way and the things that I bring upon myself.  I know that they're worthwhile, and I have a lot of people praising my efforts.  I really don't care.  I'd much rather hide away for awhile (a long while) and get some rest.  Kona seems so long ago, my fifteen Ironman's seem so long ago.  Maybe that's why I do need to start a streak.  That's why I do need to run every day.

No comments: