Sunday, May 3, 2020

I Guess I didn't Rest Today

I was supposed to rest today.  At least I babysat my grandson for about an hour and a half.  I even watched some mindless television.  But, I also did a lot of work, most of which was quite productive. I'm making progress.  Also, I'll be featured pretty heavily in the Los Angeles Times tomorrow in a story that's bound to get a fair amount of notice. It also brings me to a point of peace that I've been waiting to achieve for well over a year.

Remarkable that so many things happened on a day that I was supposed to rest. The day ended with a story that I've been concerned about since this pandemic started being published in the Los Angeles Times.  I was only one of the people quoted in the story, and my quotes were accurate.  That's what matters.  Facts matter.  Words matter. Actions matter.  I also "called out" the Los Angeles Department of Public Health, which has been literally worse than missing in action since this pandemic began.

On a positive note, I actually communicated with the Chief Medical Officer for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid on the topic of testing, which I've been highly focused on for the past few weeks.  On a actionable note, I'm working to solidify "best practices" around testing in the coming days.

One of the things that I pride myself on is that I validate everything I think with multiple other experts.  I learned long ago that I don't know everything.  In fact, I often say that I learn every day, how little I know.  I never espouse a view without speaking first to other experts and letting them question my ideas and opinions.

So, I guess that I didn't rest today, but it seems a lot got done.

No comments: