Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Tired

I have my days.  Today was up and down.  We had a baby shower for my daughter.  That was nice.  At the same time, today was just one of those days that I struggled with.  There's no question that my passion and emotional investment over the past 10 weeks has taken a toll on me. Today was one of those days that I could feel it.  I'm tired.  I'll try to rest tonight, but I have some work to do the rest of the week.

It's not easy managing the multiple things that I've been managing without any real support.  With that said, I have a lot of friends and people who have been giving me moral support.  Our expert panel will be meeting over the next two days, and hopefully I can finalize the paper that I've been working on.

I continue to talk to reporters.  We're considering having a press conference next week.  Initially, the idea was to use it to push the Governor.  Now, I think we can use it to focus attention on our efforts, and possibly start to set an agenda for the future.  Out of the crisis and chaos, comes opportunities.  That's how I have to look at it.

I continue to struggle with finding time to feel good.  I've just been so invested in everything that I've been doing.  I ran a couple of times last week, but really haven't done much over the last couple of days.  Kona seems like ages ago.  My 15 Ironman races seem like another lifetime.  I'm tired.  I guess that makes some sense.

No comments: