Sunday, May 17, 2020

Five Days Running

I ran again today.  That's five days in a row.  This habit is going to come back quickly.  I probably ended up running close to five miles, with a lot of hills.  I only did a little bit of walking on the steepest parts when my breathing definitely got too hard.  I'm sure that my heart rate was higher than I might have "liked," but I felt good.  Every day is better and I can already anticipate feeling up to running longer.  The idea of getting in a twenty mile run has already entered my consciousness, though I'm definitely not close to doing that yet

The best part about my five day running streak is that I'm feeling the desire to run again, and not wanting to let other things get in the way.  For the past 2 1/2 month, it's been easy to let life get in the way.  It's been easy to get distracted by everything going on in the world.  I've been consumed, and that has gotten in the way of my running.  No more, running is now back in my life.  It will be important to maintain the streak for awhile.  That should allow me to fully get that running feeling back.

I've also already noticed that my legs are feeling a little better.  That's always interesting, and I've seen and felt that many times over the years.  If I've been away from running for awhile, I will feel some tightness or soreness for the first few days, but it quickly dissipates and I get my running legs back underneath me.  Five days running.  Looking forward to the next five.

No comments: