Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Running Dreams

I woke up today and the first thing I thought of was running.  Not sure if that's what I was dreaming about. In fact, I don't know what I was dreaming about.  That's probably good, because for most of the last three months my dream have been about anything but running.  There was a time that I'd dream about running, biking and swimming.  That's been awhile.  I'm not sure what type of run I'll do today. That's been the new strategy, just go out and run and see what I feel like.  I've done a few 6 mile runs in the last week. I did some very short, 10 second, sprints one day.  Maybe today will be 40 second uphill sprints.  Those are hard. They get me breathing super hard by the end.  They're not easy, by any stretch of the imagination.  They get the pulse rate up.

That was the workout that first popped into my head.  Not sure what it will feel like once I go outside and start warming up.  Let's see...

Went out and warmed up for 10 minutes before hitting the hills!  Found a fairly steep hill that would take me about 45-50 seconds to run up.  I did it 4 times.  Each time, my breathing got harder at the end, initially taking ~5 seconds to slow down my breathing, but after the last time, taking about 25-30 seconds.  I'm talking really hard breathing.  On a positive note, my pace was consistent up the hill, not sure what it was, but it was solid!

I took about 5 minutes to cool down, which included a quick run down the same hill each time. Then, I did four 10 second all out sprints.  These went well.  I thought about doing more, but decided to end it while still feeling good, albeit a bit more winded after the fourth sprint than the first three.  Still, I felt better after these than I did when I first started doing sprinting months ago.

Now I can start dreaming about running again!

No comments: