Monday, May 18, 2020

Submitting a Journal Article

I've spent most of my day submitting a paper for publication.  I haven't done that in 32 years!  In some ways, it's probably easier today, being that the last time I did this there wasn't even an internet. All I know is that I've literally spent the last 4 hours doing the submission.  Fortunately, I'd taken an hour nap prior to getting started.  Before that I'd worked 12 straight hours, a good portion of which was getting the document ready for submission.  Now we wait and see.  Hopefully, it will get published and it can have some small impact on what's going on right now.

I'm actually looking forward to doing this again.  In some ways, going through this process has reminded me of a way that I can contribute that I hadn't really thought about in a long time.  I'm sure that there will be many other opportunities in the coming months and years.  It's also a reminder that I need to get back to my textbook, as my time has been consumed with the COVID-19 Pandemic.  That's it for today!

No comments: