Sunday, May 3, 2020

Time to Rest

I'm really trying hard to rest.  This is yesterday's blog, as I really tried hard not to do too much yesterday.  I've been observing Shabbat, as a means of turning off all electronics for 24 hours.  It definitely helps, but doesn't completely quiet my mind.  I caught up on emails last night, but tried not to do too much.  I woke up early today, yet again (about 4am), have written my next letter trying to get the Governor's attention, and have further caught up on what's going on with this pandemic.

Yet, if I keep pushing too hard, I will suffer.  I've lost weight. My blood pressure is lower than normal, which I can tell because I get dizzy when I stand up.  There's no question that my obsession has impacted my adrenal glands.  I know my body and it's telling me that I need to rest.  I also need to start focusing on getting back into shape.  Being fit has been something that is very important to me.  While I'm walking a ton, I'm not doing anything else.  I haven't cared about doing anything else.

It's time to start caring a little bit about myself.  Time to rest.

No comments: