Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Journey to Kona Day 51: Fatigue

I've written about fatigue before.  Five straight days of moving, 14-16 hours of keeping busy.  Writing was a distant priority today.

I did get to start my day with 40 minutes on my bike, indoors.  After a 20 minute warmup, I did 10 x 1 minute at 270 watts, with 1 minute of easy spinning in between.  By the last few repetitions, I was hurting, but in a good way.  One of my favorite workouts.  Ultimately, getting in nearly 20 minutes of elevated heart rate work. In fact, by the last few, my HR only dropped below my anaerobic threshold level about 45 seconds after the 1 hard minute. As my coach noted, my lactic acid levels were rising throughout the entire workout.

I know that I'm tired when I can hardly see straight at night.  This was another long day, but the journey continues.

No comments: