Sunday, March 17, 2019

Journey to Kona Day 42: Perseverance

I'm still recovering from my rib sprain, so no workouts today, no training whatsoever.  Plus, it was my wife's birthday, so that was my focus. Two weeks from now, we'll move into our new house, although we won't have a kitchen, might not have bathrooms, and will be awaiting new floors. Which means that we'll probably be staying with my daughter for a little while.  It's a little unnerving to have all these things going on, or not going on. It was also odd not to do any training whatsoever today, so no "streak," of any sort. Yesterday, my quads were sore, today they weren't. My ribcage still felt uncomfortable and a bit locked up.  Which actually reminded me of the first time I had a rib out of place, which was about 10 years or so ago.  I will have no choice but to wait until I'm healed before running, though I caught this injury quickly and got treated right away. Hence, perseverance is the word of the day.

I won't be swimming tomorrow, but we'll see if I'm ok on my bike.  It does take extra energy to deal with pain, but at least most of my muscles, particularly in my legs, should be well rested.  My mind is another thing.  With lot's of stress right now, it's a little harder to focus on the training, which actually provides an important and necessary outlet for my stress.  Which is why I really should get on my bike tomorrow.  I did manage to sleep nearly 10 hours last night, which is my reminder to get a good night's sleep tonight.  Perseverance.

No comments: