Friday, August 7, 2020

Hitting the Wall

It's that time again.  I feel like I'm hitting the wall.  It's the feeling that some people get around mile 18 of a marathon.  During yesterday's 8 mile run, I actually felt a little wobbly and unsteady halfway through the run.  I finished ok, but was pretty tired again last night.  I've only done my first 8 mile run of the new set.  Is it the cumulative fatigue of the running?  Is it cumulative fatigue of everything else?  There's a lot going on, and it's really hard to find the balance again.  Of course, I'm balancing an 8 day run week and a day day life week.  That's still a new concept to me.  In some ways, I'm curious how this weekend goes.  I have Committee meetings today and tomorrow, so I'm now encroaching on my emotional rest time.  

I'll see how my day goes.  First, I have to make my weekly trip to the supermarket during early morning, senior, hours.  Then, my run.  From there, we'll see how I'm feeling. For now, maybe I'm just pushing up against the wall, rather than actually hitting the wall.

No comments: