Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Journey to Kona Day 92: Making a Difference

I've spent a good portion of my life trying to make a difference in the world.  Because I'm passionate about what I do, I sometimes put too much pressure on myself.  It's time to dial back the pressure and just focus on being in the moment.  In the coming days, I'm planning to list the opportunities in front of me and prioritize them.  I can't do everything, and I do have some overarching goals in relation to Ironman racing.  Ironically, I'm not sure that there's not a better way to promote healthy aging than to focus on my Ironman training!

I'm doing a podcast tomorrow for AMDA on the Go, one of my favorite podcasts.  I get to talk about something near and dear to me, the role of physicians as leaders in the long term care industry.  I'm looking forward to it.  I enjoy the podcast environment, and the opportunity to share my thoughts.  Someone may hear what I have to say and I might make a difference.

On the other hand, the world goes on no matter what we do, and finding a balance between activities that might make a difference, and those that are just positive for oneself as a human being seems to be my priority.  Maybe I can make more of a difference if I just chill and be myself.

No comments: