Thursday, April 2, 2020

Curveballs

Life always has a way of throwing you curveballs.  I guess that's become clear just about every day for the past month.  I suppose that there are a lot of people feeling that way right now.  People are being put out of work, not knowing how they'll make the rent payment or have money to feed their family.

Some of the curveballs have been expected, or at least not surprising.  Tonight's came out of left field.  I've been dealing with so many moving parts the past month, it's not always easy to seem where they all are.  It's like juggling a dozen balls in the air.  Occasionally, one falls and hits you in the head.

Every day takes on a life of its own.  In some ways, my ironman experiences have prepared me to stay in the moment and take each day as it comes, and each moment as it comes.  That's what I'll continue to do.  I just wish I could see the curveballs a little sooner sometimes.

No comments: