Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Pondering my Vote

I went for a six mile run today. I really like that feeling that I get when I'm just out running.  I think that I've missed that. Hmmm, something else to ponder.  However, I'd read a lot of the debate analysis this morning and I clearly am the only person in the entire world that thinks that Mike Bloomberg did well last n night!  I guess I need to open my eyes and pay attention.  Bloomberg is definitely a technocrat, and he is clearly not charismatic on any scale imaginable.  I guess that disqualifies him in the eyes of many.  Maybe he's too far right on business for Democrats and there's no question that he's too far left on social issues for Republicans and Libertarians.  I've realized that all of the other candidates, with the exception of Tom Steyer, have varying degrees and types of charisma.  Bernie has the gruff charm, Warren has the biting charm, Buttigieg has the schoolboy charm.  Klobuchar is also lacking in charisma, but has more than Bloomberg and Steyer combined.  That leaves Biden.  Everyone seemed to think he did great last night, and my daughter and I felt like he was yelling at us. Maybe that's his charisma, channelling the younger Joe Biden.

If I had to rank all of them on a narcissist scale, they'd probably all score high, although I may have to study up on that for the next debate.  In fact, that's what I'm going to do next time, score them all on a narcissism scale!  I don't know what I'll do with the result, but it will give me something to think about.  That leaves me with my decision on who to vote for.  While Bloomberg will get plenty of votes from people who watch advertisements, it seems that almost none of the political pundits like him.  Is that a reason not to vote for him?  Is the fact that he'll really be a benevolent dictator a reason not to vote for him.  He's obviously not a good debater.  Is that a reason not to vote for him?  If not him, then, it will clearly be Buttigieg.  There's my choice.  Time to ponder.

No comments: