Friday, February 21, 2020

Down to the Wire

The California Democratic Primary is in about 10 days.  Who will I vote for?  I've written about this for the past two days and have been talking about it.  I still find myself liking Pete Buttigieg.  Ironically, Amy Klobuchar might have been right about Buttigieg being the smartest candidate on the debate stage.  Her comment however, sounded like she was in 7th grade, complaining that Buttigieg "thinks he's the smartest one on the stage."  I've never heard him say that.  Honestly, I've never seen or heard him act like that.  However, Klobuchar perceives that he is coming across like that.  Clearly, somewhere in her life, she's dealt with someone who either acted like they were the smartest, or she had a negative encounter with someone that she thought acted like they were the smartest.  I believe it's a matter of perception, but I also don't think that a Presidential candidate should be concerned about it.  In fact, it comes across to me as immature.  So the 59 year old is acting immaturely, and the 38 year old, in my estimation, is acting like the adult in the room.  Things are becoming clearer to me.  I continue to like Pete Buttigieg.

What about Mike Bloomberg?  Today he came out as I'd hoped and offered to let the three women with NDA's go free from them.  That was the right response.  It takes the wind out of Warren's sails, and exposes the political nature of her attack.  She wants him to release everyone who's ever had an NDA with Bloombergs company from their NDA.  That's ridiculous.  It's not pertinent to Bloomberg, and reeks of pure attack politics.  I'm truly disappointed in Warren.  I expected better.  Plus, she's suddenly going to accept PAC money.  Why?  She needs the money!  I guess billionaires aren't so bad after all.  But back to Bloomberg.  I worry a little that he's going to be a benevolent dictator who will at least follow the law and push for the things that I believe in.  I also think that he's arguably the best candidate to actually run the government.  He might end up being a one term President, so who he picks as a V-P candidate ultimately matters a lot.  I still think that a Bloomberg/Abrams ticket would be tough to beat and positive for the future.

I could almost toss a coin.  Bloomberg will be in it for the long haul.  Buttigieg needs some positive results on super Tuesday to stay strong in the race.  Today, I'm leaning towards Buttigieg, but I might change my mind and go for Bloomberg.  No one else is close.

No comments: