Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Life is a Puzzle

As I go about trying to sort out all the things in my life, it strikes me that life is a puzzle.  There are lots of pieces to that puzzle, and it is incumbent upon us to put those pieces together.  I have a bunch of things going on in my life and I need to sort them out.  I realized yesterday that I benefited tremendously from having an executive assistant in my last job.  I am someone who doesn't generally have the patience to focus on the details.  I appreciate the details, but attending to them is something else.  I think I've figured out where I can get help on this.  I happen to be married to someone who is great with details, and who knows me better than anyone else in the world.  Hmmmm.  We're going to talk about this in the coming days.  We'll see how it turns out.

When it comes to work related items, I definitely do better when working with detail oriented people. I'm a concept person, but again, details aren't my forte.  I'm working to identify the folks that I work with who can focus on their strengths and augment my weaknesses.  Similarly, I have the same types of issues in a number of things that I've found myself engaged in. Once again, the key is to put together a team whose combined strengths and abilities are complementary.  It isn't all that difficult, and in fact, I've got a knack for doing this.  I just need to let myself do it!

Life is a puzzle.  The pieces are out there in front of me.  Every day, I'll work to put the pieces together and see what it brings me.  Puzzles can be fun!

No comments: