Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Brain Fog

I'm writing yesterday's blog today, as yesterday I had brain fog.  The 24 hour GI bug that I suffered through, left me without the ability to think for most, if not all, of the day yesterday.  My son-in-law told me today that this bug impacts men more than women, I told him that women are just stronger than us.  At least mentally!  I know that certain syndromes such as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome are known to cause brain fog, and I'm sure that I've felt something like this in the past, especially when I've been overtrained.  However, I didn't fully appreciate what this was like until yesterday.  I was feeling better in general, but my brain wasn't responding.  That's what brain fog feels like.

I have some projects that I've been working on.  There was no thought of working on anything yesterday.  When my wife and daughter were talking to me, I had trouble comprehending what they were talking about.  All I could do was watch television.  I don't really remember much of what I watched. I needed to be mindless, because I didn't have my mind.  I guess that's what brain fog feels like.  Fortunately, I'm doing better today, and can write an actual blog again, so as to keep up with my daily writing mission that I began in February.

No comments: