Monday, October 28, 2019

On the Right Track

I realized today how focused I was for the first nine months of the year on Ironman training.  I've been planning to go back to work, but for the last couple of months there was really one thing, and only one thing on my mind.  Kona. But Kona is over.  And my life is moving on.  I had a meeting today to discuss my upcoming job, and it felt right!  I remembered how I felt a few months ago when I was offered the position.

When I was flying home from Kona I was talking to a top older age grouper who was also retired.  He asked, "what else would I do?" when it came to spending time in his life.  While  I lived that approach for nine months, it isn't who I am.  I know that now.  My purpose in life has and will always be to help older adults to live their lives to the fullest.  Ironman has given me the opportunity to show what can be done as we age, but the fact that I was more excited by the 75 year old that finished just ahead of me than I was for myself, is a reminder as to what really matters to me!


It's time to move forward, with a clear focus consistent with my purpose.  The great thing is that was so clear to me today.  I know that I'm on the right track.  I know what I want to be doing, and where I want to be doing it!

No comments: