Monday, July 1, 2019

Journey to Kona Day 147: Back on Track

Got up today, after another solid 9 hours of sleep, and rode my bike for nearly 2 1/2 hours, keeping myself from going too hard, and at the same time, not going too easily.  I rode my local loop and managed to put in over 2500 feet of climbing.  The best part is that I felt fine at the end of my ride, whereupon I got a massage.  I haven't had a massage in weeks, and I definitely needed it.  It's time to take care of my body.

Tomorrow is a swim day, with a swim lesson.  I'll probably run as well.  I've got a long run scheduled on Thursday, to include a 5K in the middle.  I realized today that my week of recovery allowed me to get my physiology back to normal, and my muscles and tendons got a solid week of rest.  Fascinating.

In just under 15 weeks, I'll be racing in Kona.  My life's dream will be fulfilled.  I've already come to grips with the fact that this dream isn't as important as it seems.  It truly is about the journey.  My journey truly starts in under four weeks, when I give the Santa Rosa 70.3 everything I've got.  It's going to be fun!

No comments: