Friday, January 21, 2022

Journey Back to Kona Day 129: Time to Train!

I've struggled over the past couple of weeks with life issues, but honestly, just haven't felt like going full bore in training.  In reality, it doesn't matter. I won't be a slave to training, and I won't do what I don't feel like doing.  However, I really do want to acquit myself well both in the half ironman in Oceanside and definitely at St. George. St. George and I have a score to settle! So, it's time to train!

I've essentially taken the week off, but that means that I should be well rested and ready to go this weekend.  I'm anticipating putting in some significant running miles in the morning and follow it up on the bike afterwards.  A solid weekend of running and biking should give me a pretty good idea as to where I am and what will come next.

I've been following both my mind and my body for some time. There's no question but that my run fitness is beyond good.  The bike fitness will come quickly, but at the end of the day, in May I'll be looking to bike a very hilly 112 miles and wanting to feel reasonably well with the subsequent marathon.  It won't happen by wishing it to happen.  It will only happen if I'm well trained.

I never got around to writing this morning, but I did read and I did stretch. So, I've now gotten my writing in. I managed a 3 mile run, which was something. I guess I'm challenging myself now for what the next couple of days hold, and after that, what the next week holds. No goals, no expectations, listen to my body, listen to my mind. There's a reason I've titled these blogs "Journey Back to Kona." I really want to get back to Kona. I really want to qualify. I really know that I'm capable of it. But, if it's going to happen, it's time to train!

No comments: