Sunday, September 1, 2019

Journey to Kona Day 208: PapaThon

We're babysitting this week, and today was the first full day.  My dynamo of a grandson woke us up at 6:45 am, and my wife kept him occupied until about 8 am.  He requested a trip to the bookstore, a kid after my own heart!  So, we first stopped to feed his bunny, then went to Barnes & Nobles, where we waited outside on a bench until they opened.  He quickly found the book that he wanted, though we looked at a few more, and we headed home.  From there, the three of us set out for the day, driving to Ventura to go to our favorite beach park. A couple of hours building sand castles and chasing him in the playground, and we were on our way back towards home, with a stop for frozen yogurt.  We got home around 3:30 pm and I took bath duty, which was definitely necessary after the beach.  My wife read to him for his nap, and I took a half an hour nap myself.  I needed it!  I've been fighting fatigue this week, and today was it's own challenge.  I can feel my reserves coming back, but chasing a 4 year old around all day can definitely tire you out.

While he finished his nap, I went to feed our kid's bunny rabbit, and then went to the super market.  By the time I got home, our grandson was awake, although a bit grumpy, so he chose to watch one of his favorite tv shows.  I'm taking the time to write my blog, but I admit that today was somewhat fatiguing in it's own right.  At the same time, it kept me moving and certainly didn't allow me to sit around and vegetate.

I had consulted with my coach prior to accepting the task of babysitting just six weeks from Kona, and he made it easy.  Being a grandpa is more rewarding than anything that I do, and that includes going to Kona!  Kona is a one day experience, being a grandpa is worth a lifetime of experiences.  I'll do a "PapaThon" any day!

No comments: