Monday, July 2, 2012

Time for a cortisone shot

Went cycling with a friend on Saturday, put in some very solid climbing (about 2500 feet of vertical in less than 2 1/2 hours).  Spent time in the pool over the weekend, focuses on kicking drills and swimming with a band around my ankles.  My left heel still hurts and my friend, who is an orthopedic surgeon, offered to inject my heel with steroids today.  I was going to try to wait this out, but I'm tired of waiting.  If I get a steroid injection, I can jump back into training more aggressively than I have been.  This will be good for my state of mind and my fitness.  My friend is an athlete, and understands that you can't just say "rest for 6 weeks and see what happens".

Plumbers, roofers, painters and electricians at the house today.  Amazing.  I'm no longer stressed by all the stuff going on, it will run it's course.  Did I mention the termites?  Oh well, we'll figure it out.  I've discovered that fixing your house is a lot like fixing your body.  You'll get multiple different opinions, and you just have to decide which one to go with.  Everyone thinks that they're right, and most of them are sincere.  Sounds just like going to the doctor!

No comments: