Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Wow!

I went to bed last night inconsolable, and woke up in the middle of the night feeling the same.  I had gotten some news that threw a wrench in everything that we've been working towards and had meetings with people on the front lines that just made me feel like we were preparing people to go quietly to their unnecessary deaths.  Pretty heavy stuff.

I woke up somewhat refreshed and checked my email.  A few folks I've been interacting with had sent me some positive feedback and information.  It perked me up a bit.  I was ready to move forward with another day on the battlefield of COVID-19.  I spoke to my colleague and friend (and boss for that matter, for one of my only paid positions).  I found out that he too had been similarly inconsolable.  In his despair, he had reached out to our State Senator and made a statement that I might have made, and for which he would normally have admonished me and told me to tone down.  His email got a response, and by noon we were on the phone with our State Senator and his staff.

We continue to push forward in sharing our thoughts and ideas.  The day ended with a Board of Directors emergency meeting to pass a resolution that can now be used by our State Senator to push the solutions that we know to be possible.  Now we'll wait and see.

Oh yes, my Skype interview with CBS National News from last week was on tv this morning!  CBS Morning news.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ7u4gowT5g&feature=youtu.be

No comments: