Saturday, March 21, 2020

Harnessing My Passion

I lost it today.  I was speaking to someone, and I lost it.  I also got in the circular "listen to me" argument.  Anytime I was trying to say anything, even a few clarifying words, I got "listen to me."  I've encountered this a number of times over the years, typically with bullies.  I can't think of one time that I've ever had to tell someone that, even if they're the one doing all the talking.  So, I lost it. I lost my temper.

Fortunately, I've been in these situations before.  The best thing to do is apologize and then let the other person talk.  That's what I did.  The worst part about losing ones temper is that it's just not healthy.  I didn't feel good afterwards, and these days you don't want to do anything that makes you feel physically uncomfortable.

I've always struggled with harnessing my passion.  It's a lifelong challenge.  Fortunately, that same passion has been very effective for getting people who believe in what I'm advocating for to follow me.  On the other hand, if someone doesn't believe in what I'm saying, that passion can be very off putting.

Sweet and sour. Yin and yang.  Two sides of a coin. Passion can bring both.  The challenge continues.  Let's see what tomorrow brings, this is something I'll continue to write about and ponder.

No comments: