Monday, June 8, 2020

Back to a Daily Routine

It's hard to believe that I haven't "blogged" in 2 weeks.  What does that mean? Honestly, not too much, except that I've gotten away from part of my daily routine. On the other hand, I've been working out regularly.  I've also gotten refocused on the tasks at hand.  Oh yes, I got a peer reviewed paper published!  It's not like I've been slacking off.  I also haven't been doing my daily meditation, although I've gotten some in, and I definitely meditate when I run.  Nevertheless, a routine is important.  I've written about it, and talked about it.  One of the challenges of retirement has been not having a daily structure.  Routine efforts like blogging can be part of that daily structure and "ground" me to some degree.  That's important.

What's also important is tomorrow.  I'll be testifying tomorrow morning to my state assembly committees on Health and Aging & Long Term Care.  It's a moment in the sun.  A moment that I've been waiting for years to have.  I've spent a good portion of the last week thinking about it, and pretty much the entire weekend preparing for it.  Still, I'm going to focus on my daily routine this morning.  Starting with this blog.

One of the interesting things about getting back into my workout routine is that I still tend to avoid or neglect my strength training.  Always have, but can't say always will.  It's just too important as we get older.

My day has already begun and I can feel the "pull" to "get things done."  We'll see what happens.  In some way, this has become my "routine."

No comments: