Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Body is Waking Up!

My coach let me know that my crazy heart rate response is the normal bodily response to getting back to exercise.  I took Thursday off for life.  Plus, I was feel a little sore from three days of cycling.  Friday, however, I got back on the bike and did the same ride.  Fortunately, the temperature was in the 70's and my HR stayed below 150 the whole time.  I did the same 2 mile uphill ride going very comfortably in a little less time (13 minutes), while keeping my HR close to 140-145 the whole time.  I'm really trying to stick with "easy" workouts, but right now, everything is a little hard if there is a hill involved.  That said, this was nice.  Overall, I took a few minutes off the time of the ride the previous day, and it was easier.  I did get in a couple of short swims as well.

Today was for fun.  My dad came over and we played basketball, badmitton, and pickleball.  We were at it for almost 2 hours.  I have to say, I don't know how he did it, because it was a solid work out for me.  My foot is holding up, although it does still hurt, I'm taking the attitude that I have to just start using it and see what happens.  I'm considering a little barefoot running on my front lawn.  I can actually manage about 15-20 yards straight at a time.

Other than that, I just chilled today.  Haven't really had a lazy day like this in a while.  Still glad to know that my body is waking up!

No comments: