Monday, May 10, 2010

Sleep is more important than workout-9 days since St. George

Swam 2100 yards today, and it felt normal. Rode easy on my bike for 45 minutes when I got home and it felt normal. Had a massage after work and my muscles are fine. I really am recovering well. I still am carrying some fatigue and need to remember to choose sleep over workouts at this point. In fact, that should always be my choice. I have realized that unless I get a good nights sleep, I don't really feel my best.

Worked a full day today and wasn't tired at the end of the day. Tomorrow I get to meet with the local Chief of Staff for our U.S. Senator. Not sure why I still bother to try to make a difference telling people about our Geriatric practice, but maybe my ironman experience will give me the continued energy and endurance to keep trying!

No comments: