Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Life Strikes Again

Four days out from Ironman St. George and I've decided to go back to working a full five days a week. It was great to work 3 1/2 days while I could, but life has a funny way of taking over. Work needs me this summer, and being an owner of my Geriatric practice, I really have no choice. The day will come soon enough where I can pretend to be a professional triathlete:)

In an odd way, I feel a huge relief now that I've done my first ironman. Training will seem easy from now on. I've been quite lucky, I have no residual soreness just 4 days after the race, although I am certainly still tired. Was able to swim 20 minutes today and then did an easy 75 minute bike ride.

It looks like I'm going to spend the summer just being a doctor. I have to say I expect it to be fun and rewarding after all the time I've spent over the last few years running a business. I'm fortunate to be surrounded by great people who I am confident will keep those administrative burdens off my back.

No comments: