Monday, August 3, 2020

Time for Myself

Last night's dream ended up focusing on the importance of taking time for myself.  It's an interesting concept, and I know that my morning runs are supposed  to fulfill this role.  Thus, I will endeavor out on the roads again this morning. I have two more days to complete my third set of 8 mile runs.  I'm pretty sure that the weight of these runs, combined with the weight of the other things in my life, is starting to get a little heavy.  However, I've also learned the significance of that weight.  Taking time for myself is supposed to take some of that weight off.  I guess it's just how I take that time and what that time means.

A friend taught me a meditative mantra for running a few year ago, and it might be time to pull that out.  It starts off with thinking about the people I love.  I'm blanking for the moment on the other four aspect of it, but I'm hoping that they will come to me during my run!

It's funny how I'm listening to my dreams once again, and how last night's dream was so specific.  For awhile, I was either only dreaming about dealing with the pandemic, or then, there were no dreams (at least, not that I was cognizant of).  Now, I'm getting back to a more "normal" dream phase.  Though, maybe it's not really the old normal, but a new normal.  It might be time to pick up the Sleep book that I was reading and gain a greater understanding of sleep and hopefully my dreams.  For now, I'll just let last night's dream guide me for morning run.  It's also important to accept the need to take time for myself.  

No comments: