Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Training, Mantras and Getting Ready

The other day I was seeing a patient of mine who happens to be a Rabbi. I asked him for a blessing for Saturday's race, and he gave me a mantra instead. It's pretty cool, I looked it up. It's three Hebrew words that state that "Napthali runs like a gazelle". Napthali was one of Jacob's sons. Well, anyway, I did my swim, bike, run race prep workout this morning. The swim went fine, able to do some 50's in 37 seconds and some 100's in 83-90 seconds feeling pretty smooth and relaxed. My bike effort (3x5 minutes at race effort) went fine and finally my 4x3 minute at run pace was the best! I used the mantra and it really fit well into my three steps per breath race pattern. I'll do everything I can to have a successful race on Saturday. My legs feel good, I had a relaxed day at home with my family and I'm eating my carbs.

Tomorrow is a travel day and Friday I will just chill in preparation for Saturday's race. It's hard to believe that it's finally here. I've been looking forward to this race since November.

No comments: