Friday, May 15, 2020

Time to be a Resource, I Hope!

I spoke to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services for the State of California today.  I hope that means that I've made progress. If he actually reaches out to me going forward, as he said he would, and he accept my occasional texts, then we're on the right track.  I also realized that it is quite possible that he hasn't been getting the information that we've been supplying to the Department of Public Health. At least not unfiltered.  That's the concern, that the information that he's been receiving has been filtered.  That filter has not allowed him to get actionable information that could have been used to make a greater difference thus far.  It's pretty amazing.  I keep learning.

All along, I've understood how arrogance, ego, power, and greed have played into what's going on. I haven't always completely understood it at each level it exists, and now realize that the person that I've been "fighting" with all along has been a much greater impediment than I even thought.  Or, in reality, I did think this to be true, but allowed my colleagues to influence me in not pushing even harder.  Either way, the results may not have been difference. If I'd pushed harder, I may not have gotten to this point. Now that I'm there, it's time to pivot to focusing on making a difference.

I hope that I'm one step closer to fulfilling my desire to spend most of my time in educational mode.  That's what I've wanted to do from the first day.  It's what makes me the happiest.  I'm not happy fighting.  I'm not happy trying to figure out ways to have reporters get me closer to influence opportunities.  I just want to be a resource.  That's what I hope to be focused on henceforth.

No comments: