Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Go figure-best run ever!

After Sunday's tough workout, I felt great on Monday, but was pretty tired yesterday. My coach told me to just run based on how I felt today. I slept 10 1/2 hours last night and woke up refreshed and feeling good. Got on the treadmill, and after 2 3/4 hours and 18 miles, literally had to force myself to get off! I could have kept running! Followed that up with over an hour of strenuous snow shoveling (we had a semi-blizzard last night).

It is remarkable what the human body can accomplish! It seems like the further along I get with ironman training, the more I am able to do and the more my body can handle. Today was remarkable for a few reasons, not the least of which was the fact that I kept a smile on my face for 2 3/4 hours on a treadmill! I really enjoyed the run and time almost stood still.

5 weeks and 3 days to go!

No comments: