Sunday, June 16, 2019

Journey to Kona Day 131: Striking While the Iron is Hot

I woke up with that thought in my head today.  When an opportunity arises, you go for it!  I don't remember what I was dreaming about, but I wrote down the thought as soon as I woke up.  I've already been thinking about my training during the upcoming week.  That's a good sign.  At the same time, I'm feeling a little low as I come out of the post-ironman funk.  The next few days will tell me where I am.

Opportunities arise all of the time.  If you ignore them, you'll never get anywhere.  I like to say that most major decisions in my life, I've made in a matter of hours, never days.  I guess that's who I am.  Sometimes, it can come across as impulsive, but at the same time, it can be looked at as decisive.  Fortunately, I'm in a mode right now where a lot isn't riding on my need to make quick decisions.  That's probably a good thing.  I've got sixteen weeks to go before Kona.  I'm already starting to think about my goals.  That's who I am.  I like to have goals.  It helps with motivation.  At the same time, it's key not to live and die by achieving those goals.  That's what's important.  I use my goals to motivate myself, but that's it.  The results will be what they are.  Whether it's life, or triathlon.

So, I'm not entirely sure why this notion of striking while the iron is hot was important to me when I woke up.  But, when opportunities arise in the coming months, I'll keep it in mind!

No comments: