Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Week of Training

The week started with some swimming on monday and a cortisone shot in my left heel.  Tuesday and wednesday were limited to swimming only.  Thursday and friday were 3 1/2 mile run days and some more swimming.  Yesterday, I spent four hours on my feet preparing my house to be fumigated.  My foot/heel were starting to hurt again, and I was a little worried.  Today, was a 3 hour, 50 mile bike ride with climbing, hard intervals, and just a very solid ride.  It felt great!  I'm thinking of focusing this coming week on swimming and biking and giving my foot a little more rest and time for the cortisone to do it's job.  I'll be in San Diego on thursday, so I'm hoping that I'll have a chance to run some down there.  It continues to be remarkable how I can bounce back quickly based on my ironman fitness.  Overall, an encouraging week, but also a week that reminds me to show some caution.

No comments: