Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"Tapering"

So, this is what my "taper" is going to look like.  I spent Monday and Tuesday in rest/recovery mode.  Today I did a hard 3300 yard swim, and followed it with at hard 3 hour and 40 minute bike, with about 2 hours and 40 minutes of alternating 15 minutes at ironman effort with 5 minutes of olympic/sprint effort; and then, ran 5.5 miles about as fast as I could at the end of a  5 hour and 40 minute workout!  The best part of this is that after eating and drinking, I'm feeling great!  Tomorrow and Friday will be rest/recovery days and then, I repeat this type of workout on Saturday.  It's hard to believe that there are just 31 days before St. George.  I've never really felt like this prior to my first two ironman's, and it's really an awesome feeling!

No comments: